As an organisation, we are more than just what you see on the track, rink or on the ice. Behind the scenes there is a dedicated and passionate team working hard to achieve the Skate Australia vision, promoting and supporting the development of Skate Sports at all levels.
Come and Try Days
Skate Australia are excited to launch our Summer of Skate initiative with a range of FREE Come and Try Days across the country!
The come and try days range from single sessions run by clubs, through to six-week beginner programmes.
We have partnered with our clubs, YMCA Vic and our Skate Australia Skateboard coaches around the country to deliver these jam-packed and fun sessions!
Check out the list of sessions to the right to find one near you!
To register for YMCA VIC sessions click here and select VIC + your preferred location
- Thursday 9 March 4pm Fawkner Skate Park
- Thursday 16 March 4pm Fawkner Skate Park
- Thursday 23 March 4pm Fawkner Skate Park
- Thursday 30 March 4pm Fawkner Skate Park
- Thursday 6 April 4pm Fawkner Skate Park
- Monday 6 March 4pm West Footscray Skate Park
- Monday 27 March 4pm West Footscray Skate Park
- Monday 3 April 4pm West Footscray Skate Park
- Monday 10 April 4pm West Footscray Skate Park
- Monday 17 April 4pm West Footscray Skate Park
Skate and Create
- Wednesday 12th April 10am Woolgoolga Skate Park
- Friday 14th April 10am Woolgoolga Skate Park
- Wednesday 19th April 10am Woolgoolga Skate Park
- Friday 21st April 10am Woolgoolga Skate Park
West Australian Roller Hockey
Registration open soon
- Friday 1st April AeroSkate
Taren Point Roller Skating Club
- Friday 14th April 5:30PM Menai Indoor Sports Centre
Request to borrow gear here
- Saturday 22nd April 10am Evelyn Scott School
Things to Remember
It may be your first time on Skates or a Skateboard, so here are some handy tips / things to remember to bring to your first session
Safety Gear - Good equipment is really important, and the most important piece of equipment is a helmet! It is often best to bring your own helmet to these sessions that you have already had fitted appropriately. Other safety gear may include knee and elbow pads.
You can find this safety equipment at many local skate shops, sport or department stores.
Hat / Sun Protection - We all know that being outside and having a skate is always fun, but making sure you don't get sunburnt is even more fun! Pack a hat and make sure you are wearing sunscreen before every session.
Water Bottle - Skating can work up a sweat! Bring a water bottle to make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day!